Table of Contents
A marketing research paper is a sizable academic piece for publishing in a scholarly journal, magazine, or other publication. Peer review is used to assess the quality of the study and the findings presented. . When writing a huge project like a dissertation, that too on your own will always be a daunting process (professionalessayservice, 2019). Therefore, you must plan for probable objections and counterarguments. If you don’t prepare to work in marketing but instead want to pursue a career in academic research, you should learn how to write research papers as soon as possible. Research papers are one of the most popular ways to share your progress with the academic community. You can do it by using this writing advice for marketing research papers.
How To Prepare For Writing Marketing Research Paper
Selecting A Topic
The main goal of a research paper as a university assignment is to assess the student’s aptitude for using reliable sources of information, exercising independent judgment, analyzing data, drawing insightful conclusions, and supporting his arguments with solid proof. Sometimes students are asked to do Research paper on marketing strategy so they know what is current situation of the market. Besides that, you will have a lot of freedom in choosing your subject, so make the most of it.
- Do you have an interest in marketing research paper topics? Maybe you’ve heard of a marketing-related occasion that could be the subject of your essay. Have you read anything that goes beyond the requirements of the fundamental course that might impress your professor? Finding a topic that interests you is always worthwhile.
- Try to focus on your paper’s broad direction after establishing it.
- If you are having trouble coming up with a theme, consider browsing the titles of business and marketing literature in one of the online academic databases. As marketing is closely related to many other disciplines, you don’t have to limit your search to thematic databases.
- Reading the literature will help you choose a topic that is both sufficiently well-researched to have enough sources to draw upon and leaves you enough breathing room to do your work. This will stop you from reiterating the writers whose study topics you neglected.
Carry Out Market Research
Most Marketing assignments, including research papers, deal with particular circumstances and case studies. Research is more than just gathering information; it also involves finding solutions to open-ended problems as a means of learning and/or producing new knowledge (Goddard, Melville, 2001). Before starting your task, conduct consistent market research to analyze them adequately:
- Market research – compile pertinent statistical and immeasurable data from a sample of consumers. These may be chosen at random or by a particular philosophy;
- Situational analysis – you examine the current state of the company in question, its issues, its root causes, and other factors. Again, it would help if you did this with well-defined methods, such as SWOT analysis and PESTEL (Political, Economic, Social, Technological, Ethical, and Legal) analysis.
- Marketing strategy: Provide a 4 Ps-based recommendation based on your results (Product, Price, Promotion, and Place).
How To Write A Thesis Statement
Your Marketing assignments primary idea, summarized in one or two phrases, is its thesis statement. Beginner authors frequently make the error of confusing it with the subject or research issue. However, there is a difference between them:
- The topic roughly defines the area of study.
- Your work intends to address and respond to a research question.
- Your response to that question is in your thesis statement.
Your research paper’s thesis statement is a crucial component, so it belongs in the introduction. You need to keep that in mind, writing a research paper in marketing is not an easy job. It should ideally come after grabbing the reader’s attention with the first few phrases in the first or second paragraph. Make sure to arrange the thesis statement and body paragraphs to correlate. The remainder of the paper should only be devoted to establishing the idea it expresses.
Every research publication should strike a delicate balance between linkages to prior work on the topic and novel findings. On the one hand, you must create results that have yet to be submitted for peer review. For that purpose, you can look for Marketing Campaigns to get a better idea. On the other side, you must expand upon previous efforts.
Several principles can be used to categorize information sources. However, the following are the most crucial ones:
Sources Of Low And High Quality
Most books, the Internet, the mass media, and other similar sources fall into low-quality sources since they all contain unreliable material vulnerable to author bias. You can utilize them more as a supplement than as a reliable information source.
Peer-reviewed articles from scholarly journals are the most common types of high-quality sources. How frequently the head has already been mentioned in the peer-reviewed literature is a reliable sign of its reliability (you can find this information in most indexing databases). A current article, even of the highest caliber, will inevitably have fewer mentions than an older one. Nevertheless, it would help if you didn’t base your decision to use or not utilize a source only on this consideration. For that you can look for Research paper in marketing find some good sources.
Use Both Primary And Secondary Sources.
They are, for instance, documents, statistical data, experiment findings, and so forth. It deals directly with their subject.
The primary sources are studied, referenced, and analyzed in secondary sources. They serve a different function than primary sources but are better for it. A quality research report should be balanced in both types. If you think you are not up to the task you can simply look for Marketing research paper writing guide just to relief your stress.
Finding suitable sources can be difficult at first, but it gets easier as you learn more about your subject. Here are some helpful tips for structuring your search:
- A section on references should be included in your marketing textbook.
- Search via online databases.
- Look over the references listed in the chapter(s) dealing with the topic you are writing about.
- Examine the Works passages from the sources that have been most helpful to you for social media marketing dissertation topics thus far that you have cited. Important note regarding the usage of such sources. Either identify them and use them in their original form or introduce them with the phrase “as cited in…” Don’t pretend to have read books you haven’t even seen in person because that will be exposed as soon as you do.
- You should know the leading experts in your field by this point. See if you can find their other works to see if they could also be helpful.
Your research paper’s outline is a comprehensive plan. If you pare down your text to its bare minimum, this will be left. If you invest enough effort into creating an outline or take help from marketing dissertation writing service, you will be able to organize your thoughts, making it much quicker to put them on paper. What should therefore be included in your outline?
- Introduction: What details does the reader need to know to comprehend your paper fully? The following elements should be included:
- A hook that will draw the reader in;
- A thesis statement that is written out entirely;
- Additional information, if needed.
- In the body paragraphs, offer one key idea in every section and draw logical links between it and your paper’s core idea. Remember to provide the reader with solid proof for each of these assertions.
- Conclusion – In this section, repeat your thesis and offer ideas for additional study and possible solutions to the marketing dilemma you have just explored.
Give yourself plenty of time. A decent Research paper on marketing strategy will be written in more than one draught, so be prepared to rewrite entire sections, remove extra material, and, in some circumstances, start from scratch.
- Steer clear of slang words and phrase constructions. Follow the guidelines of best dissertation writing service UK. While marketing is less formal and more practical than many other fields, this does not mean you should write about it in colloquial terms.
- Only use the passive voice when essential. Some student writers misunderstand passive language as being more authoritative and stylistically scientific. It will make your writing clumsy, difficult to grasp, and prone to grammatical errors.
- Avoid the first person. The first person should only be used when discussing personal experiences in a marketing document to maintain complete objectivity. To avoid being accused of subjectivity, attempt to appear impersonal while describing your work, experiments, and interviews.
- Steer clear of too sentimental and biased judgments. When writing on marketing, you will frequently discuss instances where individuals made poor choices that resulted in significant losses. Treat the individuals and businesses that produced them properly; for some reason, they believed that this course of action was appropriate in their circumstances, given the knowledge they possessed at the time and the lack of the benefit of hindsight.
- Keep changing the length of the sentence. Although it is sometimes advised that sentences in academic papers be between 25 and 30 words long, avoid making all of your sentences the same length. Use longer and shorter ones to give your text a more lively appearance.
Tips For Post-Writing
Writing experts know that even once a paper is written, much work is still to be done. This work is just as crucial to its success as the writing itself. The formatting of your paper should be checked, and then it should be revised.
Formatting The Paper To Comply With The Requirements
MLA and APA are used in marketing courses, albeit APA is slightly more often. This doesn’t imply you can use whatever you want; your professor will make that decision, so consult them. You may find all the formatting information in the official style guides or one of the many internet tools available to assist pupils. It is impossible to provide detailed guidance here due to the sheer number of regulations and unique circumstances they deal with. When in doubt, refer to the appropriate style manual; if you still need clarification, ask your lecturer.